Nexen is considered a data processor under the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and relies, in part, on third parties to process and control data on our behalf. We select GDPR complaint vendors to provide the highest standards in data safeguarding, storage and transmission.
What we collect
We collect personal identifiable information ("PII") from you. This is information that can be used to identify you individually. This includes your name, business name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and account information, such as user name and preferences.
We collect "non-personal" information ("NPI") from you. NPI cannot be easily used to personally identify you. It includes, for example, the type of web browser you use, the URL of the previous website you visited, clickstream patterns, your ISP, your operating system and your IP address.
PII and NPI are collectively referred to here as "Information."
How and when Information is collected
- Location information: our Site may collect precise geolocation information from your mobile device with your prior consent. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you may be able to subsequently stop the collection of this information through your device operating system settings. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove the mobile applications from your device.
- Device and log information: we may collect information about the computer or mobile device use to access our Site, mobile network information, type of operating system, type of hardware used in the type of browser used we also log information about your use of the Site, including access times, pages viewed, IP address, other standard web log data, and the page visited before and after navigating to our Site.
- Browsing behavior: our cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other tracking technologies will collect information about your browsing behavior on our Site.
How we use the Information we collect
We use PII to process your requests or transactions, provide you with products or services, and inform you about other products and services we think will be of interest. In addition, we use PII we collect to:
- contact you for administrative purposes or provide you with customer service;
- respond to questions, problems or other inquiries, or request your feedback;
- organize the Site, our services and activities to better serve you, or develop our products and services; and
- send you emails or other communications containing information about the products or services you requested.
PII collected via our Site may be linked together or merged with other PII we obtain about you so we better understand your needs.
Disclosure of your PII
We will not sell or rent any PII to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We share PII with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. These functions include, for example, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and processing payment transactions. In all cases, we limit the PII shared with our third-party vendors to that which is necessary to carry out such functions.
Finally, PII may be disclosed as a part of any business combination or transferred to a third party as a business asset in connection with an insolvency or similar proceeding involving Nexen.
Disclosure of your PII
Regarding your PII, you have the following options:
- Delete data: you can request deletion of your PII. We will delete the PII we are not legally obligated to keep and since some of the PII is necessary to provide Nexen services to you, you will not be able to use some of our services after such deletion;
- Change or correct data: you have the right to request a change in any incorrect PII that we have collected;
- Object to or limit or restrict use of data: you can request we stop using all or some of your PII if we have no other legal right to keep using it, or to limit our use of your PII if inaccurate or unlawfully held; and
- Right to access and/or take your personal data: you have the right to pass customer copy of your PII and can ask for a copy of PII you provided in machine-readable form.
You can make a request for any of the above actions by sending an email to: [email protected]. With respect to all procedures relating to the collection, processing and storage of your PII, you have the right to appeal to the FTC Data Security (https://www.ftc.gov./tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security/data-security).
We implement and maintain security practices and procedures to help protect the confidentiality and security of your PII, including any nonpublic personal information. We protect your PII using reasonable physical, technical and administrative security measures, including by limiting access to your information to employees with a need to know such information. To make sure your PII is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to our employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within our company.